Fieldstone King’s College School and Cambridge Academic Programming
Cambridge programmes and qualifications have a proven reputation for providing excellent preparation for university, employment and life. They provide a valuable international benchmark of learner performance.
Fieldstone King’s College School offers a curriculum that integrates Cambridge learning objectives and assessment strategies into Ministry-approved Ontario courses. The result is that students are learning the skills and subject matter they need for success in university and have the ability to take their knowledge further in achieving advanced level qualifications granted by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
Policies and Regulations Regarding Cambridge Examinations:
CIE regulates that all centres must have a Complaints Process and an Internal Appeals Process. Please see Fieldstone’s Process description below:
How do students earn Cambridge qualifications?
Cambridge qualifications are awarded to students who successfully complete a series of papers evaluated by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). While Fieldstone King’s College School designs courses to cover both Ontario and Cambridge content, students must register for and successfully complete all CIE syllabus components to earn IGCSE or GCE qualifications.
Cambridge examinations are written October to November and May to June. Fieldstone students generally write exams in the May to June series.
Why pursue Cambridge qualifications?
- Cambridge qualifications are respected as a significant academic achievement by universities and employers worldwide.
- Students who complete A Level examinations with a good standing can qualify for advanced standing and possibly credits towards their undergraduate degrees.
- Cambridge syllabuses are well organized and CIE provides past exams and marking schemes and there are countless resources online to help students prepare for these exams making it an excellent choice for self-motivated and self-directed or homeschooled students to earn advanced academic credentials.
- Students can apply to most universities with five IGCSE and three A Level (or six AS Level) qualifications allowing students to fast-track.
- Cambridge gives students the opportunity to test their knowledge and abilities on the international stage and experience the most widely used academic qualification process in the world.
How do students register for Cambridge exams?
There are two types of students who can register for Cambridge exams: School Candidates and Private Candidates
School Candidates: These are Fieldstone King’s College School students. Fieldstone students are welcome to register for any Cambridge exam that is paired with the course(s) in which they are registered. There are no extra costs for school candidates to register for Cambridge examinations.
- 0411 – IGCSE Drama (Gr. 9-11 Drama)
- 0580 – IGCSE Mathematics (Gr. 9-11 Math)
- 0510 – IGCSE English as a Second Language (ESLBO/CO) – Core
- 0510 – IGCSE English as a Second Language (ESLDO/EO) – Extended
- 0500 – IGCSE English as a First Language (English Courses)
- 0410 – IGCSE Music (Gr. 10/11/12 Music)
- 9709 – AS/A Mathematics (Grade 12 Maths)
- 9702 – AS Physics (Gr. 11/12 Physics)
- 9701 – AS Chemistry (Gr. 11/12 Chemistry)
- 9093 – AS/A English Language (Gr. 11/12 English)
- 9708 – AS/A Economics (Grade Twelve Economics)
Students who are interested in taking any of these examinations are expected to regularly attend afterschool tutorials to prepare with the syllabus leader. These tutorials are the chance for students to:
- Learn any additional material that is not found in the Ontario course.
- Learn how the exam is set up and do practice exams.
- Take up questions and enrich their understanding.
Students who wish to take an examination that is not listed, should speak to the Exams Officer (Mr. B. Munshaw). In consultation with the subject teacher, we may allow additional examinations to take place at our discretion.
Please note that A level qualifications go beyond the scope of the regular classroom for most courses. Additional tutorial support and independent study would be required to be prepared for these examinations.
The New FIELDSTONE CO2 Programme – Earn an ontario diploma and 3-5 cambridge a levels
We are hosting Open Houses on Feb 17th 1:30pm, March 11th 6:30pm, and April 21st 1:30pm, focusing on this unique programme. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or view our information brochure:
These are not Fieldstone King’s College School students. Private candidates include:
- Students who have studied overseas but have left before examinations.
- Students who are home-schooled and wish to earn additional qualifications.
- Students who have been working with private tutors to prepare for these advanced qualifications and need the services of an accredited CIE examination centre.
- Fieldstone King’s College School does not provide instruction or preparation materials to private candidates and functions only as an examination centre.
Students can register for examinations as private candidates for any IGCSE or AS/AL syllabus as long as the syllabus does not have coursework or internally evaluated components (some exceptions apply). The fee for each syllabus varies depending on the number of components and length of exams but is generally between $400 and $500 per IGCSE syllabus and $500 to $700 per GCE (AS/AL) syllabus.
- Check CIE’s Examination Calendar to ensure your syllabus of interest is running.
- CLICK HERE for the registration form that will guide you through the registration and fee determination process.
- Submit Cambridge’s “Using your personal information waiver” Here along with your registration form.
- Submit Payment as indicated on your registration form.
- Study for your examinations. You will receive confirmation of your registration within 3 business days of it being received.
***NEW FOR THE JUNE 2020 SERIES***
We are excited to introduce our new Cambridge Practical Preparation Camps. Our Biology and our Chemistry Preparation Camps are open to a limited number of students (first come first serve) who are enrolled or are preparing to enroll in the practical papers of AS Biology and AS Chemistry. Please click on our information flyers for more information:
- Cambridge Biology Practical Preparation Camp 2020
- Cambridge Chemistry Practical Preparation Camp 2020
- Cambridge Preparation Camp Lab Safety and Photo Waiver
For the June 2020 Examination Series:
The late registration period for the June 2020 Series of Examinations begins on February 14, 2020. At this point a $120 Late Registration Penalty will apply per syllabus. Please note that changing an entry at this point will also incur late fees.
The Final Date we will accept entries will be: Friday, March 6, 2020.